Neighbor Helping Neighbor: Volunteer Fire Departments of North Texas
- This year's Christmas display has two parts.
- The first is a truly massive model train layout built by Ron Mauch. It has 13 trains, an amusement park, a Jurassic World, ice skaters, skiers, a monster truck rally, a football game, hot air balloons, Santa and the reindeer, and much, much more! Check our Facebook page for pics and videos.
- The second part is a collection of fabulous Santa figures and Nutcrackers made by Texas artist Lynn Haney. These are true works of art. The collection was donated to us by Betty Wagner. Check out the pics on our Facebook page.
Current featured exhibits
Emil Hermann exhibit
- Emil Hermann was a successful artist who spent much of his life in Wichita Falls.
- In one room we have 10 of his portraits, and there are three more portraits on display elsewhere in the Museum.
- One of those portraits is of Larry Domino, who was not a person, but a prize-winning Hereford bull owned by J.S. Bridwell. We are in Texas, after all...
The Mad Medics
- This Dixieland Jazz group formed in 1965 and is still playing today.
- Some of the members were medical doctors, and that fact inspired the group's name.
- In addition to providing great music here and all over Texas, the Mad Medics' mission has been to raise scholarship funds for medical and music students