Farming & Ranching in North Texas
- This exhibit has sections on the dairy and poultry industries, planting and harvesting tools, saddles and stirrups, and branding.
- Also featured are outstanding photographs by Nick Barnes depicting ranch life.
- The exhibit will run through July.
New Permanent Exhibit
Mary Thomas Doll & Toy Collection
- Mary Thomas was a longtime Board member and the creator and director of our Bit of History lecture series.
- Mary wanted us to have a permanent doll and toy exhibit, and to that end she bequeathed to the Museum her extensive doll collection and other generous gifts.
- We are pleased to announce that Mary's legacy is now reflected in the newly opened Mary Thomas Doll & Toy Collection.
Current featured exhibits
Emil Hermann exhibit
- Emil Hermann was a successful artist who spent much of his life in Wichita Falls.
- In one room we have 10 of his portraits, and there are three more portraits on display elsewhere in the Museum.
- One of those portraits is of Larry Domino, who was not a person, but a prize-winning Hereford bull owned by J.S. Bridwell. We are in Texas, after all...
The Mad Medics
- This Dixieland Jazz group formed in 1965 and is still playing today.
- Some of the members were medical doctors, and that fact inspired the group's name.
- In addition to providing great music here and all over Texas, the Mad Medics' mission has been to raise scholarship funds for medical and music students
Hall of Fame Toys
- This exhibit was part of our Christmas display, but it has been so popular we have left it up.
- All the toys in the exhibit have been inducted into the Strong National Toy Hall of Fame.