Neighbor Helping Neighbor: Volunteer Fire Departments of North Texas
New Permanent Exhibit
Mary Thomas Doll & Toy Collection
- Mary Thomas was a longtime Board member and the creator and director of our Bit of History lecture series.
- Mary wanted us to have a permanent doll and toy exhibit, and to that end she bequeathed to the Museum her extensive doll collection and other generous gifts.
- We are pleased to announce that Mary's legacy is now reflected in the newly opened Mary Thomas Doll & Toy Collection.
- The display space for the collection has been recently doubled, and there is so much more to see!
Current featured exhibits
Emil Hermann exhibit
- Emil Hermann was a successful artist who spent much of his life in Wichita Falls.
- In one room we have 10 of his portraits, and there are three more portraits on display elsewhere in the Museum.
- One of those portraits is of Larry Domino, who was not a person, but a prize-winning Hereford bull owned by J.S. Bridwell. We are in Texas, after all...
The Mad Medics
- This Dixieland Jazz group formed in 1965 and is still playing today.
- Some of the members were medical doctors, and that fact inspired the group's name.
- In addition to providing great music here and all over Texas, the Mad Medics' mission has been to raise scholarship funds for medical and music students