Heart of Downtown
The "Heart of Downtown" is a Model Train exhibit to celebrate Downtown Wichita Falls and the Holiday Season!
The exhibit opens on Friday, November 8 and will be on display until January 15.
The shows times will be at 11:30 A.M., 1:00 P.M., and 3:00 P.M.
There will be special showtimes on November 23 for City Lights and the Downtown Candlelight walk on December 5.
Current featured exhibits
- It is not just famous people that make history. . Clarence Sweeney and his children illustrate this fact. Through their service and accomplishments, they proved that "regular" people and families often have a major impact on the world around us.
- Military service, supporting war efforts at home, service to the church, engineering excellence, and more constitute the history of the Sweeney family, and we have that all on display.
Emil Hermann exhibit
- Emil Hermann was a successful artist who spent much of his life in Wichita Falls.
- In one room we have 10 of his portraits, and there are three more portraits on display elsewhere in the Museum.
- One of those portraits is of Larry Domino, who was not a person, but a prize-winning Hereford bull owned by J.S. Bridwell. We are in Texas, after all...